Friday, February 20, 2015

FNSI

Wow, it is Friday morning and I'm already posting!!  I have the day off of work, and I actually stitched last night with my friends on the other side of the world.  It is always fun to dream of a different time zone in a warm place when I'm sewing and freezing here.


I worked a little on this January Jack Frost project from Kathy Schmitz.  I just have a few snowflakes left to embroider and then I can piece my quilt.


I also found my OLD (circa 1999) hexagon project.  I'm still planning on finishing it someday. It would be lovely to have it finished so I could keep warm on these cold winter evenings (I'm VERY ready for spring).

It is off to the sewing room for a fun day of sewing.  I have some old movies chosen to watch and a lot of fabric cut to sew.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

5 comments:

Katherine said...

I think I have been dreaming of snow rather than warmth. You getting that I am over summer! lol. Lovely stitching and hexies must have been the go to project for FNSI. Lovely

Karen's Korner said...

Looks like you had a fun FNSI. Love the snowman - very appropriate.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not having embedded comments so I couldn't leave an encouraging word. =) I LOVE your snowman! I hope you post your finished project, but just in case, I'm going backwards in your blog to see what I can find. Hexagons are so addicting, but they keep falling off my list because I have so many other projects going on. I plan to finish mine someday, too, and it's more than 10 years older than yours. LOL I've decided a wall hanging will do nicely.

Käthe said...

Hi,
I love Jack Frost
and the hexagons are beautiful !
Best wishes
Käthe

Josie said...

You know what they say about Jack Frost... he bites your toes! Hope you have some nice warm socks to keep your tootsies safe and warm. Your Jack is really cute... look forward to seeing him in the finished project. The hexies will have their day in the sun soon..... have fun...xxx