Tuesday, July 22, 2014

FINALLY!!!!

My Metro Lattice is finally all in one piece.  It needs a major pressing and then to be quilted.  Wow am I glad I am this far!!


This quilt exhausted me.  I have always wanted to make a double wedding ring quilt, and this one is close, although the arcs aren't pieced, the centers are.  There is a lot of bulk at the corners when you sew the rows together which makes them hard to sew and even more difficult to press.  I think a restful evening will give new excitement tomorrow for the finishing.  I have my backing and batting, and I am really ready to start quilting.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen  

7 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

it looks great Kristen!!!! I've done the wedding ring, they are a challenge...I know!

Jeanie said...

It's going to be a show stopper! I actually love the look of the solid white instead of the pieced arcs. Wonderful job and well worth the effort ...can't wait to see it all finished!

Wendy said...

It a gorgeous quilt top! Great design and great colours

Sinta Renee said...

It's beautiful... great colors!

Quilter Kathy said...

I believe that it is exhausting... but beautiful!

Sarah said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! Colours, pattern, quilt!

knitnut said...

Hi Kristen, This is so beautiful. You did a beautiful job. Wow that pieced center frightens me. I just finished a metro rings quilt top and whew it is a lot of work and I don't think near as much work as this one. Great job and beautiful beautiful beautiful.!! I'm so impressed. Emily