Saturday, March 29, 2014

Spring Has Sprung...I Hope!

Well, our piles of snow are melting and I'm feeling the need to do some spring cleaning.  I'm starting in my sewing room, which always seems to be a never ending project.  My husband has assured me that the new sewing station he is constructing will be entering the sewing room soon (my fingers are crossed and double crossed), so I decided that it would be the perfect time to do some purging...and reorganizing.


I have spent a better part of the day emptying everything out of my fabric closet, refolding everything, and then returning it to its new place or putting it in the "time to leave this house" bag.  I will be sure to share the finished photos with you.  One thing I can tell you, no one can truly warn you enough about how time consuming this folding process is, but I can see already it will definitely be worth it.  Of course then I find things and start thinking about projects to start (like these fabrics)...but I won't be working on anything until this mess is cleaned up. ;)


I'm extremely late in sharing what I worked on for FNSI last week...I was in a crochet mood and decided to try these little hearts and shamrocks I found on Pinterest (you can check out my Pinterest boards here).  I'm hoping to have a little banner made for Valentine's and St. Patrick's Day next year.  I'm never behind, always working ahead...ha!  We are supposed to have a 60 degree day tomorrow which everyone is waiting for with anticipation.  Even if it only hits 50, I'm sure we will all be celebrating!  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

4 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh that is a fabric pile of happiness! I love to organize. Have fun!

Scrapatches said...

Lovely folded fabric. Enjoy your sewing room fun. Thanks for the yarn trail to the little crocheted shamrocks and hearts ... :) Pat

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Beautiful stack of fabric Kristen! I hope you are right about spring because it just stopped snowing here..I have had it with snow...lol

Rebecca said...

Folding fabric to put away or take away is such a mixed blessing. I start to get overwhelmed with possibilities as I find forgotten treasures and can get sidetracked very quickly.