Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I'm back...and Happy New Year!

After doing a guest post at Jane's Fabric and Quilts on this...


I hit a brick wall.  I had so many deadlines and new projects this past year that with no new deadlines I decided it was time for a break.  What I had planned to be a week ended up being a month.  It seems with with all the projects, deadlines, my husband starting his own business, and my son being on three basketball teams everything needed to come to a screeching halt for a bit.  I'm rested, I started running again which I had been doing only sporadically, and I'm feeling ready for a new year and a new start.


I came across this mystery quilt that I had completely cut out a LONG time ago.  I finally realized why I was passing over it all the time, because I hated the orange/yellow checked fabric.  When I started sewing I remembered why I had started this in the first place...


I love the other fabrics and I love stars.  You might notice these stars actually have a triangle in one corner which makes for an interesting design for the quilt.  I am going to be spending today working on this.  There are only 48 stars to go, and I just basically need to match up the points with the middles and they will be done.  Here's wishing you a Happy New Year, Happy You, and Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

5 comments:

Shari said...

Glad you are well rested...good to see you back! Happy New Year!

evelyn said...

Happy New Year to you. Sometimes all we need is a good rest. Love the snowman by the way.

lizzieslog said...

Your snowman is so cute...happy running,

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh there are times when we all need a break. I did the same thing and now my mind is spinning with ideas. Thank you again for bring a guest, I love your snowman. And with the snow we are getting here, he could stay out for a few more months!

Wendy said...

So nice to see your post, I had noticed your were missing :) Love your little snowman and the star quilt is going to be beautiful. Wishing you a very happy 2014.