Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It's English Paper Piecing and They Are Not Hexagons

I found this kit a while back on one of our excursions and I could not leave it behind.  Now that it is finished I'm so glad I didn't.


I fussy cut the fabrics so that each flower was centered.  My only wish was that the fabric had three colors of flowers rather than just two.


I think these would be so fun for little girls to put barrettes in , but obviously I can get a few more spools of thread in there yet.  The paper pentagons are left inside to give it structure, and I did actually thread baste these rather than using the glue pen.  I'm so excited about my finished project...of course I bought two, each in a different color.  This did not take long to make so I may just have to start the other one tonight.  Happy Stitching!!  Kristen

4 comments:

Darlington Delights said...

Adorable. I love these. Do you remember the name of the kit?

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorabel. I love this...

Wendy said...

Beautiful Kristen, such a cute container. Love the fussy cut flowers, Wendy x

Mummy and Me Stitching said...

Wow,what gorgeous little containers. I love them and it's great that you fussy cut the flowers. I don't think it matters that there are only two colours, you've placed them perfectly.
Corrina