Friday, January 18, 2013

I Love Stars

Even though this Stars and Sprigs project is a huge one, breaking it down into smaller "projects" is really making it not seem so overwhelming.  As a matter of fact, I am now wondering why I did not just do the work each month and this quilt would already be finished, but I guess I am one of those people who likes to peak ahead, see what is coming, and kind of plan my sewing.




I was only going to do one block, but then it was so much fun to see the fabrics together that I had to do two and then three.  I quit at three because I just wouldn't want to finish too early (I'm kidding).  I did look at the applique block fabrics too, and I think I am going to start at least cutting those blocks out soon.


It is fun to see them together...and sometimes it is nice not to have to make fabric choices, especially when every fabric is a different fabric.  Most of these fabrics are not ones I would have chosen on my own, but I am enjoying using them.  I guess I can call that "expanding my horizons."


My Summer Day Schnibbles keeps looking at me begging to be sewn together.  Maybe, just maybe there will be some extra time this weekend.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Sowing Stitches said...

Your stars look GREAT!
Stars can be addictive! :)
When I have a 'brain freeze' and can't think of something to create...I make stars... The process of creating stars unleashes and unlocks my creativity.

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Morning Kristen, What a beautiful quilt these stars will make. I enjoy applique, embroidery and beadwork. Although these can be slow to grow, I love the process, as I can sit and let my mind just focus on what I am doing and not notice what is going on around me.
I have enjoyed reading your blog and have discovered you via Karen at Sew Many Ways. I look forward to reading more of your posts and have become a new follower.
Sending you best wishes from a cold and snowy England,
Daphne

HJ Labores said...

Me alegra haber llegado a tu blog a través de Karen y así ver los preciosos trabajos que haces.
Estas estrellas te han quedado fenomenal.
Abrazos