Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Airplane

So here is the block I have waited 318 days for...and I'm still as excited today about it as I was last January.  There have been quite a few times when I have wondered if I was ever going to see this block, and a few times when I actually paged through trying to find it.  I should have made it years ago, but I guess it just looked like it was too hard to piece..and honestly, after getting this far through the calendar, this one was fairly easy.


I am going to make a quilt with this block some day for my son, I had just better get going on it soon, or wait until he has children of his own.  The best part about this block is the fact that it looks like it has a big square around the middle yellow square, but of course it doesn't. :)  This is number 318 of 366 and it is a 12-inch block. Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

4 comments:

Mara said...

What a cute block, I wouldn't have been able to wait to make it either, I think it is my favorite one so far.

Sylvia said...

HI Kristen! I just found you from FNSI. I'm enjoying your blog and your 365 blocks. I am your newest follower!
Sylvia

Quilty Conscience said...

Cute cute block! My brother loved to fly. He did not live long enough to see grandkids, but as soon as my niece or nephew share "baby" news with us, I am going to make airplane quilts.

Wendy said...

Such a gorgeous block, would make a perfect boys quilt.