Friday, September 28, 2012

Queen's Crown

There are a lot of "homecoming" celebrations at the local high schools in our area this week.  One of my girlfriends has a son who was named king at his school and another girlfriend has a daughter who will stand up with the king and queen as an underclassmen.  I've always wondered what it would be like to be "royalty."  Imagine wearing a crown and dressing in pretty gowns.  Undoubtedly my crown would always be a little "off."  :)


This is another one of those saved fabrics.  Do you ever save a piece of fabric because you really like it and just wait until you find the right place to use it?  I have a lot of those pieces and at some point I should put them to use...I'm glad I did with this one.  This is block number 272 and it is a 10-inch block. Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

1 comment:

Mary said...

Though I am not commenting I am enjoying seeing your blocks daily. thanks for sharing.

I have three sons, all of whom were either homecoming king or prince. I was never royalty myself but I am the Royal Mum! LOL I imagine those crowns get heavy.