Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hovering Hawks

I was going to make this in black, white, and gold for the Iowa Hawkeyes, but I figured I would just stick with my 30's fabrics, and I'm so glad I did.  I used more of the colored fabrics than the background, and for this block I think it works.



This screams spring to me which is odd because it is very fall right now, but I'm always working a little in advance anyway (did you remember Christmas is only three months from today?).  This is number 269 of 366 and it is an 8-inch block.  I've had quite a few people asking lately just what I am going to do with all these blocks.  Why make quilts of course! :)  I've always wanted to make a different quilt for each month of the year for my bed.  I should have more than enough to do that AND have a few wall hangings too.  Oh the possibilities.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Wendy said...

This is such a pretty block, I love the colour combination you have chosen.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful block Kristen!! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion at the River Linky Party Tuesday