Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Country Barn

This block is perfect for today because if my grandfather were still here it would have been his 94th birthday.  He was a sweet man who was very quiet, but very wise.  He had a very deep voice and he would say funny things so just the person sitting next to him could hear.  I remember him bringing in huge buckets of sweet corn from the field on the days corn was frozen.  He loved coffee, and it was always fun bringing lunch to him out in the field on hot summer days.  The best part was when he taught me how to drive a tractor and to dance to country music.


I'm going to see if I can't find some sort of quilt button to put on this block so I have a barn quilt on my barn quilt block. This is a 10-inch block and is number 221 of 366.  Happy Birthday Grandpa and Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Lovely block, and such a nice story about your grandfather!