Sunday, July 8, 2012

Rolling Pinwheel

When I started thinking about all the different pieces in this block I had to kind of laugh.  I fretted over this block all day, and in the end although there was a bit of a trick to getting this together, it really wasn't that bad.  It includes some half-square triangles, flying geese, a half a flying geese (I think the proper English would be goose, but I've never heard of a flying goose...maybe it is something new, or a piece that no one ever thought to name), a few squares and you have a rolling pinwheel.  Oh yeah, I can't forget the big triangles too, thus the flying goose.


This is a 12-inch block and is number 190 of 366.  I can see number 200 inching towards me.  The year is definitely flying by.  I don't think I will ever look at the days of the year in the same way.


Stash Report....

Used this week:  Nothing to count yet
Used year to date:  7.5 yards
Added to this week:  3 yards
Added to year to date: 100.00 yards
Net used for 2012:  -93.25 


My stash report has been the same for the last three weeks...nothing in, nothing out...but I'm almost finished with a few things so there will be some used to count soon.  I think I'm doing pretty well with nothing coming in lately.  :)  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

katherine macwin said...

Love seeing your blocks moving along.

lifetakesaturn said...

Interesting block. Where did you find it?

Charlie and Wendy said...

All your pinwheel blocks are gorgeous, there's something about pinwheels!