Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Choice

This block would be a block that my mother would choose.  It has a lot of pieces, you have to get the fabrics in just the right place, and all those pieces had better line up right or you aren't going to have a nice looking block.  My mom always challenged us when we were growing up.  She always did it in a loving way, but she would never let us just give up or settle.


I'm pretty sure if my mom had let me quit I wouldn't be on block 143 of 366 right now.  It would have been easier to quit on the nights I'm tired or the block is a difficult one.  I can always hear her telling me to just try one more time.  I think tomorrow I will thank my mom for being the mom she is and was when we were growing up.  :)  This is a 12-inch block.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Hilachas said...

That block is beautiful. I always have a hard time getting all those points and corners to meet as perfectly as you've done.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful block and wonderful story! Thanks for sharing!
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Shontelle said...

Great block. I love the colours.