Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Crossroads to Jericho

I was so happy to see today's block this morning.  I love nine patches and I've had them on my mind a lot the last few weeks.  I love to see how changing the fabrics changes the nine patch and they are fast and fun to make.  Kind of like a hexagon quilt, but by machine and less tedious.  The squares can be fussy cut and  fun quilts can be made, or 42-inch strips can be sewn together and quickly pieced.  What I also love is how the finished blocks are set can sometimes make you not even realize that you are looking at a nine patch.


This is block number 109 of 366.  It is an 8-inch block and it really has me thinking about a nine patch quilt that my husband's great grandmother made.  It has bright colors in it too, the main one yellow.  For some reason I have a feeling I'm going to dream about nine patches tonight.  Happy Stitching!!
--Kristen

4 comments:

Kaye R said...

A few more fantastic quilt blocks. Well done again. Keep up the good work and I am watching you...

Wendy said...

Very bright and cherry, I love the little girl skipping.

Dora, the Quilter said...

Years ago I taught a class about various, fun ways to put together 9-patch blocks. I wonder if I can find the handouts. They were just about the most common blocks I saw when I was growing up. Good for you for being able to do a block every day!

Teresa F. said...

Lovely block. Keep on going.