Monday, March 26, 2012

Design Wall Monday, Beggar's Blocks, and Necktie

My design wall is a mess...and when I say a mess I mean a mess...but, by the end of the week there should be some really good progress to show.  Or at least there better be, or I will be too late. :)


Today's block is Beggar's Blocks and is 9 inches.  I kind of feel like I cheated today because I had the blue strips left over from another block and all I had to do was cut them into 3-1/2 inch squares.  I still had to sew the pink ones together and now there is nothing left.  It made the block go quickly and actually left some time to piece something else together.  It is block number 86 of 366.



This is my Kansas City Start BOM necktie block.  I had forgotten how quick and easy bow tie blocks are. And it is a good thing I finished it tonight, the next block will be here soon.  I'm linking with Design Wall Monday, BOMs Away, and BOM rehab.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Kaye R said...

Another group of fantastic blocks, wondering where the last few days have gone, it felt like yesterday that I looked and loved your latest blocks..... Glad the last one was a " cheat" one for you. After nearly 90 blocks I think that is definitely allowed.

Wendy said...

Lovely blocks, you are definitely an excellent machine piecer! (Is that a word?)