Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Squares, triangles, hexies, BOM...the list goes on and on

I've been here, it has just been a really busy week. My brother got married on Saturday, so of course it was one of those wild weeks and things happen that you can never plan for! :) We had a wonderful time and their wedding was beautiful.


There were flower arrangements to be made for the rehearsal dinner, dress clothes to be bought, and places to be. 


Weddings are always so fun to be a part of! (These pictures were taken at my home before they left for the dinner.)


Now back to my WiP!  There are stacks and stacks of squares and triangles all cut for my Vignette Mystery Quilt. 


And there is a stack of hexies all ready to be stitched together for the Vignette Hexagon Quilt.


This block from http://www.littlemissshabby.com/ BOM was actually finished on Friday night.  This is the May block.  The June block is all drawn out and ready to to be stitched. 

I'm linking with WiP Wednesday at http://freshlypieced.blogspot.com/.  Tomorrow we start the Kaleidoscope quilt along, which I actually think I am ready for.  You can join us at http://dontcallmebetsy.blogspot.com/.  Happy Stitching and congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Little Brother!  --Kristen

5 comments:

Amy said...

love the hexies and LMS block.. looks like you have been busy.

Linz said...

COngrats to your brother! VERY cute block, and the hexies look darling!!

Wendy said...

Wow, you have been really busy! I love all of your photos ... the flowers are lovely, your
Vignette fabrics look great cut up, your hexie flowers are beautiful, and your block is really cute!!

Melinda said...

Love your hexie flowers. My stack needs to get that big. And your birdie block is very cute!

Lynette said...

Oh, a family wedding! :D Fun times.
Your hexie flowers are gorgeous. They're going to make a beautiful project. And I see you're doing "Tweets"! (I'm going to do that, too, when I get to a predetermined point in my UFO progress.) I wondered if you'd care to link this post up with today's BOMs AWAY party and share your pretty version of the block? Here's the url: http://whatahootquilts.blogspot.com/2011/06/boms-away-7.html